Working USB sound card?

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Tue Mar 8 13:08:58 UTC 2011

Am Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:34:22 +0100
schrieb Giuliano Braglia <forevergyl at gmail.com>:

> I like it... so you are using it and it works properly?

I use one, yes, and it works like a charm. Out of the box with alsa's usb audio driver. I also recommended to a non-geek friend and she's rather happily using it, too (using ubuntu studio). I did not use MIDI or SP/DIF, though. It's apparently not the best interface regarding S/N ratio, but you don't expect that for around 100 €. There's always something better quality-wise, but this box is compact, rugged (the non-express one, at least), and offers all flexibility a home recording person needs, plus balanced outputs. The support for 24bit / 48kHz format was a must for me to be compatible to the projects we record in the "studio" (band practice room, with an FA-101) ... and more resolution (sample rate) doesn't make sense, in this price class for sure.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.