Tascam us-122 (non L!): the lights are ON, but no sound.

Giuliano Braglia forevergyl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:44:44 UTC 2011

I'm having problems in understanding how to reply messages...

Anyway, hope it works.

1) yes it's me!

2) if I type "amixer -c2" (yes, the number is right) i get no input. If I
type "speaker-test -Dfront:USX2Y -c2" i get no noise, and a long output
message...

If I type the thing about jack, it comes out like this:

"
gyl at gyl-desktop:~$ jackd -dalsa -dhw:USX2Y -n3
jackd 0.118.0
Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and
others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Memory locking is unlimited - this is dangerous. You should probably alter
the line:
     @audio   -  memlock    unlimited
in your /etc/limits.conf to read:
     @audio   -  memlock    3033519
no message buffer overruns
creating alsa driver ...
hw:USX2Y|hw:USX2Y|1024|3|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 3 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 24bit little-endian
ALSA: use 3 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 24bit little-endian
ALSA: use 3 periods for playback
ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for playback
ALSA: cannot configure playback channel
cannot load driver module alsa
"

I know and have jack control, tried it, if you want you can see in the forum
topic how it came out, so I can save space here.

I'm thinking about trying another distro, without taking this away, to see
if something changes, any suggestion?