S/PDIF Envy24 Control isn't working

Ralf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 1 09:42:09 UTC 2011

Hi :)

I need some help.

I've got two Terratec EWX 24/96 Envy24 sound cards installed.

$ envy24control -Dhw:0 & envy24control -Dhw:1

I didn't make one virtual card of them. Even for MIDI I'm using hw:0
only.

Using a SONY DTC-670 DAT recorder with optical S/PDIF in connected to a
DVD player S/PDIF out playing an audio CD, I get an audio signal for the
DAT recorder. If I connect another optical cable from the Terratec sound
card to the DAT recorder's optical S/PDIF input, there's no audio
signal, while there's audio for the analog outputs of the Terratec sound
card.

Jumpers on the sound card board and the optical cable should be ok, but
I'll test this too.

Perhaps I need to edit some settings?

Cheers!

Ralf