diagnostic tools to trace the reason xruns are happening?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 22 19:10:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 19:56 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 19:24 +0200, bart deruyter wrote:
> > there is no access for the audio group to the high precision event
> > timer, nor for the real-time clock.
>
> The regular timer should be automatically set to group audio during
> startup, run
>
> $ ls /dev/snd/timer -l

PS:

If the permissions aren't set correctly, edit something regarding to the
timer, as I had to do for seq for Debian
testing /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules

        # sound
        KERNEL=="seq", GROUP="audio", MODE="0660", \
        OPTIONS+="static_node=snd/seq"

name it 01-blabla.rules ;). The Debian systems seems to be
anti-multimedia :D.