diagnostic tools to trace the reason xruns are happening?

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:24:01 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I've found something interesting, which showed some issues on my system. I
haven't tried to fix the issues yet, because I'm curious about what you all
would think about it.

I've found a diagnostic tool, while exploring the fedora website. Perhaps
this could be of some use for the new ubuntustudio controls. Perhaps the app
could be a basis to start with. At least it is good for inspiration :-)

http://code.google.com/p/realtimeconfigquickscan/

Is it something interesting?

When I run it, it shows that the kernel is ok, but that there is no access
for the audio group to the high precision event timer, nor for the real-time
clock. Also there seems to be way too much swap, larger then 10, apparently
according to the app, it should be 10. It shows links to the linuxmusicians
wiki for solving these issues.

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/