Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Thu Jun 16 20:19:48 UTC 2011

Am 16.06.2011 15:52, schrieb Josep Pujadas i Jubany:
> Hello!
>
> We have 300 netbooks working with 10.04 LTS, not 10.04 Studio.
>
> We would like to use Rosegarden, but we have trouble how to configure
> Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden together.
>
> We tried several ways. We arrived to run Jack but we can't heard anything
> playing MIDI with Rosegarden.

As the other have stated already: you need a sound-generator to be
played by the notes, you write in RG.

There is a plug in calles fluidsynth-dssi that you can add to a
RG-Project using the synth-admin-tool (looks like a knob in the toolbar
above the editor). Fluidsynth-dssi allows to load a soundfont-file that
you can download from several sites on the web.

You can also uses synths like whysynth-dssi or CLAF-organ/monosynth to
play your notes.

A rightklick on a track allows you to set a loaded plug-in to a track.

The rest should go automagically for now ;-)

best regs

HZN