Dell Latitude D630 Wireless

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:46:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Matthew Polashek <matt at tinysongs.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm a pretty smart guy, but I can't seem to get wireless working on my Dell
> Latitude D630.  Anyone have an idea to try or a HowTo to point me to.
>  (yeah, I'm THAT old-school.)
>
> Many thanks!
> Matt

is it a broadcom chip?
check out https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx

AFAIK theres a bug that keeps the additional drivers dialog from popping up,
but you should be able to determine from that link if its applicable to your
hardware, and how to deal with the issue if it is... also, if you have some
live CD's such as ubuntu 10.04 laying around, see if you can get it working
in there easily, and note what driver the device uses, and that should help
you with whatever version you are struggling with now.

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/