Ubuntu Studio 64 bit & program availability

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Thu Jan 13 10:53:45 UTC 2011

Am Wed, 12 Jan 2011 23:57:40 -0800
schrieb Casey Forslund <cforslund at gmail.com>:

> will I be able to use
> all of the programs that come pre-installed with Ubuntu studio, and would
> they be true/native 64 bit, able to fully utilize 64 bit hardware etc?

I don't miss any software in my 64 bit Linux installs. What you might miss is 32 bit VST plugins via wine in your native DAW (like ardour2), but I don't;-)
Anyhow, all the open source software, especially anything being actively developed and used in the audio realm, should be there for you in 64 bits. It is for me. I do run ubuntu studio on one 64 bit machine, as 64 bit system.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.