Kubuntu 10.10 and real-time kernel

Ralf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 27 13:27:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 14:21 +0100, Ralf wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 15:09 +0200, Alexandros Bitoulas wrote:
> > > On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Scott Lavender
> > <scottalavender at gmail.com>wrote:
> > > Oh, I forgot to mention that JACK now asks you if you want to enable -rt
> > > privileges.
> > >
> > > If you answer 'yes' and the user is in the 'audio' group then you should
> > > have better performance.
> > Once again Scott to confirm, I still can answer yes even at the case that I
> > don't use the realtime kernel? I suppose the answer is no, isn't it?
> >
> > > If you didn't answer 'yes' you may still be able to uninstall JACK
> > > completely and resinstall and answer again.

Ok, perhaps you are able to answer y if you answered n before, but
hopefully it won't work the other way round. Imagine upgrades done
automatically.

--
Asalaam alikum sisters and brothers of Bikini Bottom,

do the Bob attack today, http://www.wmata.com/rail/schedules.cfm.

Allah is great.

N.S. Al Ineeater