freebob - usb midi

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:17:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've got a tricky thing to solve here.

Now I have a brand new Echo Audiofire12, it works perfectly for audio, but
sadly the midi port is not detected, though on the ffado website, the device
was seen as 100% compatible for ffado. I think this must be changed to 99%.

Luckily I have a midisport2x2, even though it has been reported not to be
perfect for midi recording ( a midi latency problem ), but I don't mind so
far, quantising does miracles, and I've always managed so far.

But now comes the real poblem:

Using ffado I cannot connect some software to my midisport2x2, because some
software (one major one, even pre-beta but anyway: Ardour3) only provide
midi ports for jack.

Is there a tool, or a way to setup jack so it uses firewire and alsa to get
my midi device listed in the jack midi tab?

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/