ubuntustudio 12 rocks!

Tom Poe tompoe at meltel.net
Mon Dec 5 23:57:13 UTC 2011

Managed to install the latest ubuntustudio on my old Dell Optiplex GX260
desktop.  I loaded imagination, pitivi, and software like ffmpeg,
mencoder, etc.  I then used imagination, Gimp to prepare photos for
slideshow that then became video clip.  Used guvcview to record webcam
video clip.  Then used pitivi to combine them to create video.  Not one
crash, nor even a glitch (well, user goofs).  Remember the days when the
public had to rely on PEG channel locations to make tv shows?  Now, we
can make our own shows, reformat to DVD, deliver to local access
stations, and reach audiences that don't have access to Internet.
Hopefully, my good luck with ubuntustudio will continue.  You guys are
doing great work!
Tom