rakarrack sync tempo with jack x-run

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:02:57 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've managed to set up my system oneiric, 64 bit to run fairly well, though
I have noticed I still have a problem with a certain setup.

When using two instances of rakarrack, and hydrogen, I let hydrogen run
through one instance of rakarrack, then one input of my sound card for my
guitar through the other instance of rakarrack.

This works fairly well, but then I set hydrogen as sync master, and enable
the tempo sync from rakarrack to jack and I start to get x-runs.

Is there something I can do to improve my system apart from those on the
linuxmusicians wiki?

I already modified the settings for IRQ handling, and set ohci1394 (sound
card is firewire based) as second in the list too.

I've read something about the clocksource in the man page of jackd, but I
don't understand what it means. clocksource cycle, hpet and system are the
options. What does this mean, and what would be recommended. Could this
flag in jackd improve performance?

I already use xfce too by the way.

grtz,
Bart