Enable Desktop Compositing in Ubuntu Studio 11.04

Erik Rasmussen MailForErik at GMail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:54:57 UTC 2011

I just installed Ubuntu Studio 11.04 amd64 and then I installed Docky.
 Docky warned that Compositing was not enabled.  I could not seem to figure
out how to get Desktop Compositing to "turn on".  Tried
installing*CompizConfig Settings Manager
*, but inside there it said Compositing was already enabled.

Then I found this link
http://marianochavero.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/a-simple-gui-for-unity-2d-settings-ubuntu-11-04/
and this little utility made it as simple to enable as a click.  (Now Docky
works nicely as well as other desktop effects.)

[image: Screenshot.png]

Hope that is a help for you, if you run into the same issue.

If you have a better solution, please share it!