From an audio-cd into Ardour

Erik Rasmussen MailForErik at GMail.com
Sat Apr 9 09:55:25 UTC 2011

Giuliano,

If Ardour can import audio directly from an Audio CD, I'd love to know how,
(because I have not seen such a feature in Ardour yet).

*EXTRACT AUDIO WITH SOUND JUICER...*
When extracting audio from an Audio CD, I like to use *Sound Juicer*.
http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/sound-juicer
It is available in the Ubuntu Software Center, calling it *Audio CD
Extractor*.

*EXTRACT AUDIO AS FLAC...*
I prefer to store high quality audio files in the lossless FLAC format,
which Sound Juicer supports.
Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) takes up much less space than the original
WAVE file, but is lossless, (so it is just as good as the original WAVE
file).
Ardour 2.8.6 supports both IMPORT and EXPORT of FLAC files, so then you're
all set to use your newly created FLAC files in Ardour.

Hope that helps!
-Erik