rt kernel

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 03:45:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Stefano Vettorazzi Campos <
stefanovc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
> I did the same. Bad news: rt isn't for Ubuntu 10.10.
> Bye.
>

> 2011/4/2 Scott Bohon <scott.bohon at gmail.com>
>
>> I am a newbie to Ubuntu and Linux. I upgraded from Ubuntu 10.10 to
>> Studio, but I got a message during the upgrade that essentially said
>> linux-rt could not be found. Is linux-rt loaded with the audio package?
>> Do I need -rt? How do I check if -rt is loaded? If I still need it, how
>> do I get it?
>>
>> Thank you for your help!
>>
>> Scott Bohon
>> cellist and new techno-musician!
>>

>> you can use a kernel from abogani's PPA... check out
http://jackschnippes.freeunix.net/index.php/2010/11/04/lowlatency-kernel-and-realtime-kernel-for-ubuntu-10-10-maverick...ALSO,
the -generic kernel is quite a bit more appropriate for realtime
audio these days, so just try it, and IF you need lower latency for
softsynths, or realtime effects proecessing, or if you are getting a bunch
of xruns, move on to an -rt kernel... also, you can go ahead and install
11.04 if you'd like... OR use 10.04 like i am... enjoy...

>> --

MH

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/
http://wnclug.ourproject.org/