The different realtime kernels

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:15:01 BST 2010

I agree with you. I think the best compromise is to use the Hard RT kernel
patch on top of vanilla kernel, and have the Generic kernel for everyday
usage.
You can choose which kernel to boot from at the beginning,

Hard RT kernel, should be the only one to be supported, since it is the
kernel that brings more benefits to audio/video production, If we spread
attention with 2 more kernel flavours, no one can support it, and lets face
it, abogani makes a hell of a good job, so we should simplify is life :D

Hard RT  kernel (Ingo Molnar Patch) and an alternative (generic) for
everyday usage if wanted.

I reinforce the idea, that maintaining 3 different kernels is a very
difficult task to acomplish, and more with the scarce resources available
(humman and finacial) let alone the spinout distros that are popping out on
top of the project....