Natty and RT Kernel (was "Maverick and RT")

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Sep 30 09:40:44 BST 2010

On 09/30/2010 10:18 AM, Bellegarde Laurent wrote:

>>> That require a lot of energy. If a lot of people will be available for
>>> help we could do it.
>>>
>>> Ciao,
>>> Alessio
>>>

> Hi all, another info for ones who need a very stable audio distro for audio
> production.

Salut Laurent,

I don't need yet another distro. I want to use Ubuntu. All those forks,
KX Studio, Tango Studio, Dream Studio etc. Why don't they join up with
Ubuntu to make Ubuntu the best multimedia/audio distribution?

> Theses improvements make this distro the best GNU/Linux audio, or multimedia
> editing plateform.

That's a personal opinion. Any distro could be the best when properly
configured. The aforementioned distros are not IMHO. They all use JACK
as the default sound daemon while JACK is not intended to be used like that.

Ciao,

Jeremy