Natty and RT Kernel (was "Maverick and RT")

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Sep 30 06:50:35 BST 2010

On 09/29/2010 10:16 PM, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> Hi Brian, Hi Jeremy,
>
> Sorry for my very bad English.
>
> Which are kernels on you are interested in? The -rt, -lowlatency or -realtime?
> Which kernels you use on per day basis (so you can provide test and feedback)?
> Which Ubuntu releases do you would want see well supported for
> that/those kernels? Every releases or only LTS?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ciao,
> Alessio

Hello Alessio,

I only use the -rt kernel, both at home and at work (we have a
multimedia room with some Ubuntu machines). I've actually never seen a
-realtime kernel, what's the difference from -rt? -lowlatency doesn't
cut it for me, like I said, I need the tasklet API the -rt kernel
provides so I can use rtirq.
Concerning support, it would be best if there were kernels for every
release simply because it would be a bummer if people would move away
from Ubuntu because of this.

Best,

Jeremy