Natty and RT Kernel (was "Maverick and RT")

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:42:36 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Alessio Igor Bogani <abogani at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi Brian, Hi Jeremy,
>
> Sorry for my very bad English.
>
> Which are kernels on you are interested in? The -rt, -lowlatency or
> -realtime?
> Which kernels you use on per day basis (so you can provide test and
> feedback)?
> Which Ubuntu releases do you would want see well supported for
> that/those kernels? Every releases or only LTS?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ciao,
> Alessio

I am mainly interested in -rt.  That gives the best performance.  I also
have successfully used -realtime, although that kernel gives me more
problems.

I use -rt on a daily basis for audio work.

I would be happy with a solid -rt kernel on just the LTS.  Ideally it would
be nice to have one with every release, but I imagine that would take much
more work.

--
-Brian David