Maverick and RT

Brian David beejunk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 00:51:33 BST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Ronan Jouchet <ronan at jouchet.fr> wrote:

> On 09/28/2010 10:18 AM, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
> > With "interest" I meant active participation. For successfully
> > maintain a kernel in Ubuntu we should: test it, packaging it, release
> > new version and support the older ones, triage bugs, forward bugs
> > upstream, interact with Ubuntu Kernel Team and so on.
> >
> > Since Festy I'm the only one who care of all these jobs (expect the
> > upload work and some fixes on headers packages made mostly by Luke
> > Yelavich).
> >
> > As you can imagine I can't continue alone. It is also the primarily
> > reason because I dropped -rt in Maverick (and some conflicts with
> > Ubuntu bureaucracy).

Alessio, I just meant I'm looking forward to the official release of Ubuntu
Studio 10.10.

I, for one, would be very sad if the -rt and/or -realtime kernels
disappeared for good, as I find myself depending on them.  I do not at the
moment know anything about maintaining a kernel, but I will start reading up
on it and hopefully I can lend a hand.  At the very least I can do testing.
--
-Brian David