Maverick and RT

Ronan Jouchet ronan at
Tue Sep 28 14:27:40 BST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Alessio Igor Bogani <abogani at> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
> 2010/9/28 Mike Holstein <mikeh789 at>:
>> Your -rt kernel is not going to be in the official report anymore right?...
> Exactly. The -rt kernel is died.
> Moreover I'm about to remove also -realtime and -lowlatency kernels
> (that until now was available through my PPA) if no one show interest
> or offer his help.

I hear lots of IRC and mailinglist echoes of people comparing the
three kernels. Seems to me that:
1. The generic kernel in Maverick does an amazing job for many people
(8ms/0xruns for me, grrreat)
2. However some users maintain -realtime still is their only option
I think 2. shows there is still interest for this kernel.