Amateurs ???

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 05:48:58 BST 2010

Hi All,

This seems to be a fairly low volume list.

I am wondering if there are other amateurs like myself using
UbuntuStudio?

I just picked up a guitar again after not playing for 30 years.  I
wanted to start learning to play Blues "properly".  In order to track my
progress I wanted to make recordings of my practices.

I started with Audacity on Ubuntu 10.04, Inspiron Laptop with 4GB of
RAM.  Audacity does way more than I need but as I started learning about
using the real time kernel I found UbuntuStudio and decided to give it a
shot.

Now I am having as much fun playing with the recording and effects tools
as I am playing guitar.

I bought the Alesis iO2 Express USB interface and after a bit of a
learning curve on setting it up it works great with JACK and Ardour.

There are so many great tools to use I hope I can at least provide some
feedback for all the hard working developers on these projects.

As an open source developer myself.  I know I like to hear that people
are getting some benefit from the work.  Thanks to those developers for
such an awesome set of apps.

Cheers,
Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc
Project Lead - Multi-Level Healthcare Information Modeling
http://www.mlhim.org

Skype ID == timothy.cook
Academic.Edu Profile: http://uff.academia.edu/TimothyCook

You may get my Public GPG key from  popular keyservers or
from this link http://timothywayne.cook.googlepages.com/home