[64studio-devel] envy24control/mudita24

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Sep 15 10:42:45 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 12:16 +0300, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> 15.09.2010 12:07, Ralf Mardorf kirjoitti:
>
> > If you've got the time to test it, please run top, atop, htop or what
> > ever you prefer and compare the CPU usage when using the GUI.
> >
> > The old version should be in /usr/bin and because you didn't compile
> > with prefix, the new version should be in /usr/local/bin.
> >
> > If there should be issues, you might want to report it to the list and
> > Niels Mayer<nielsmayer at gmail.com>.
>
> I try that later in this week.

Hi Asmo :)

I'll do it later in this week too and btw. I guess it's not really
important if the CPU usage should be higher than it was for the old
Envy24control, because I guess most people, me too, don't use the faders
real-time, but just to level before record or play.

Resume: You wrote "I tested today Mudita24 - great job!" I believe they
did a good job. I'm running an older overworked version were the CPU is
stressed much more, but anyway this isn't a problem for me.

Sometimes I'm not fine with Linux, but it's really a highlight of Linux,
that oldish stuff still is supported :). Because of this and some other
reasons I like to have Linux only running on my PC, but I need to run
several distros, because I didn't found the distro that gives me all I
need.

- Ralf