[64studio-devel] envy24control/mudita24

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Sep 15 10:07:58 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 11:27 +0300, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> My Ubuntu Studio for daily use is 9.10 (x86_64), I have Delta 66.
>

> Delta 66 works (again) with Ubuntu 10.10 Beta (i686) with this fix.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/178442/comments/30
>
> I have tested Alessio's latest kernel, jackd and Ardour. So far so good.
>
> Linux ubuntu 2.6.35-20-lowlatency #29-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 6
> 09:50:08 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I tested today Mudita24 - great job!
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> sudo apt-get build-dep alsa-tools-gui
> tar zxvf mudita24-1.0.3.tar.gz
> ./configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Screenshots with Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Beta theme.
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Ubuntu_Studio_Testing/Mudita24/
>

> I think I can take Ubuntu Studio 10.10 (x86_64) for daily use next
> month. Great job Ubuntu Studio!
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Hi :)

when Niels and Tim started to program, there was an issue for the CPU
usage, the newer version sometimes did stress the CPU more than the old
Envy24control.

I've got a cold and don't like to compile the current version right now,
I'll compile it within the next days and test it then.

For the first overwork I did compile and compare the versions.

Some time ago, for the first overwork, I switched several times
between /usr/bin/envy24control and /usr/local/bin/envy24control and
watched both CPUs by htop.

I dunno if the current version still is called envy24control, I guess
you do know how it's called.

If you've got the time to test it, please run top, atop, htop or what
ever you prefer and compare the CPU usage when using the GUI.

The old version should be in /usr/bin and because you didn't compile
with prefix, the new version should be in /usr/local/bin.

If there should be issues, you might want to report it to the list and
Niels Mayer <nielsmayer at gmail.com>.

It's nice that they overworked Envy24control :).

Thank you for compiling and testing it.

- Ralf