nvidia setup help

"asdf jklö" sh0099 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 13 20:59:23 BST 2010

i dont know the reason.
but i hat a similar experience the other way around ... maybe the nvidia module is not compiled for the rt kernel. look at the output you install something if apt still tryes to install/compile the nvidia module for your rt kernel.
to install all headers of your kernel version helped me a lot

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:11:20 +0200
> Von: Jonathan Goodman <jgoodman at 012.net.il>
> An: Ubuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion <ubuntu-studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Betreff: nvidia setup help

> hi,
> I installed a real-time kernel 2.6.33-29-and patched nvidia driver using
> synaptic. when I boot the new kernel it will not start X it gives the
> option to reconfigure X, to drop to a terminal, or start X in low
> graphic mode.
> I'm a newbie and I have no idea how to setup the patched nvidia driver
> for this kernel.
> I boot the generic kernel and the  starts flawlessly with the nvidia
> version current.
> I'm at a loss as to how to set up X for rt.
> thanks for your patience.
>                               Jonathan

GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome