Muse

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:16:54 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Vincent Jousse <v.jousse at free.fr> wrote:

>  Le 13/09/2010 13:52, Scott Lavender a écrit :
>
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

>> my

>> Linux

>> > I just want to have DSSI support in Muse, I can manage everything else.
>> >
>> > Vincent
>>
>>  Pardon, I did misunderstand you. Is Muse provided by the Ubuntu
>> repositories < version 1?
>> 'The MusE sequencer added full DSSI support with version 1.0.'
>> http://dssi.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> I always had bad luck with Muse, tried to use it, because I'm not fine
>> with Rosegarden, but Muse never worked, so I'm using Qtractor.
>>

> The version in Ubuntu is currently 1.0.1-0ubuntu3 (Debian has version
> 0.8.1a-6.1interestingly enough).
>
> It should be noted that because Ubuntu ships version >1.0 it does not mean
> that DSSI support is enabled however.  It may been possible that it had been
> disabled by a Ubuntu developer/maintainer.  I'm not saying this is the case,
> just suggesting the possibility.
>
> I think it would be interesting for someone familiar with Muse and DSSI to
> test this.
>
> ScottL
>
> I do use Muse, and the version available in Ubuntu has not DSSI support.
> That's why I compiled it by my own ! We just need to had enable-dssi and
> enable-osc options at compilation.
>
> Vincent

I check in the build log as well and found that DSSI support is not
enabled.  Interestingly, LASH and fluidsynth support is.

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/55395760/buildlog_ubuntu-maverick-i386.muse_1.0.1-0ubuntu3_FULLYBUILT.txt.gz

Search for "DSSI" to find it.

As for the maintainer, the debian/changelog lists it as Fabrice Coutadeur
and can be emailed at fabricesp at ubuntu.com.

ScottL