Last call (was "Natty and RT Kernel)

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Mon Oct 4 19:12:03 BST 2010

Le 04/10/2010 16:27, Alessio Igor Bogani a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> If you would want help in kernel stuff for Ubuntu Studio please reply
> to these questions:
>
> Which are kernels on you are interested in? The -rt, -lowlatency or -realtime?

Real time for audio, is there de difference beetween the three proposals ?

> Which kernels you use on per day basis (so you can provide at least
> test and feedback)?

RT for multimedia, audio and video editing, RT for non-multimedia work

> How do you would want help (test, packaging, upstream relation, Ubuntu
> relation, Studio relation and so on)?

testing, advertising, conference, demonstration to large public

> Which Ubuntu releases do you would want see well supported for
> that/those kernels? Every releases or only LTS?

in priority LTS, because as we are working in improvement of video
editing tools/documentation, only LTS has an enough large life to
develop/improve...

> Please reply only if you want help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ciao,