Last call (was "Natty and RT Kernel)

Erik Rasmussen MailForErik at GMail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:46:23 BST 2010

Alessio,

*Which are kernels on you are interested in?  *-*rt *
*Which kernels you use on per day basis (so you can provide at least test
and feedback)?  -rt*
I use the *-rt kernel on a daily basis* for both multimedia work and
non-multimedia work, on my laptop, and it is very reliable for me and I
never get xruns in Ardour with it.

I (and probably many others on this list) do not have a good grasp of who is
doing what in regards to Ubuntu Studio, but I'd like to understand more.

I'd like to learn more about what is involved with getting an -rt kernel
available for Ubuntu Studio and I'd be willing to help.

*How do you want to help (test, packaging, upstream relation, Ubuntu
relation, Studio relation and so on)?  Test*
Not sure what the *relation items mean, but if pointed to some educational
materials, perhaps I can help with other things as well.

*Which Ubuntu releases do you would want see well supported for that/those
kernels? Every releases or only LTS?  Preferably every release.*

Alessio, what you wrote at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/RealTimeKernel
is very helpful information.  Do you have any advice on where I can learn
more so that I can more effectively help?
*
*-Erik