Missing initrd when building a kernel-rt

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 02:58:16 BST 2010

i know there are a lot of suggestions going around, but have you tried falks
PPA? and the kernels that are in there?

ALSO you could try a custom xorg.conf file that forces vesa...

im pretty confident that the RT issue is nvidia related...

im my 64bit box with nvidia i had simlar issues...

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net>wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 11:53 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:
> > another easy trouble-shooting step would be to download KXstudio, run
> > it live, and see if you can get to the desktop, and see if you can
> > boot the -realtime kernel, see what graphics driver is being used, and
> > what kernel version...
>
> I've seen no option to choose a kernel for live usage of
> KXStudio_10.04.2-LiveDVD_64bit.
> The default kernel is a generic kernel.
>
> ubuntu at ubuntu:/etc/X11$ uname -a
> Linux ubuntu 2.6.32-21-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 08:09:38 UTC
> 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> Apart from that, which file gives information about the used driver?
>
> TIA Ralf

MH
http://www.myspace.com/mikeholstein

http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/