Delta 1010lt and Ubuntu Studio 10.10

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 22:14:22 GMT 2010

Pulseaudio won't work without editing some conf files.
You should have no problems with jack+alsa, though.

If you really feel you want to make the card work with pulseaudio check
out pages like this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/178442

Its been a while since I tried some of those fixes myself, but I know
they have worked in the past.

Nowadays I use built-in cards for desktop audio, but that means I have
to use a mixer to connect both cards to the same speakers.
The only cool thing about that is that you can use the built-in card
with pulseaudio and the delta card with jack simultaneously (on Lucid
you would have to run jack from the terminal to achieve this).

Mostly because of pulseaudio I find it easier to use the distro puredyne
for live-music, but that means trading gnome for xfce.
At home I stick with ubuntu and dual sound cards.