Tasks, Workflows, and Packages for Ubuntu Studio Natty

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:59:28 GMT 2010

Lilypond + frescobaldi might be more difficult to learn indeed, but I agree
with it's quality. On top of that mscore doesn't have the possibility to add
tabs to your score (perhaps an svn version can, but I guess it's not quite
stable yet). Ok, there's tuxguitar for that, but tuxguitar is not really
ment for printing, more for displaying on a screen. In my experience
printing from tuxguitar is not good at all. Perhaps the option is to keep
lilypond installed by default,and add frescobaldi (or have it at least in
the archive).

The version of mscore that was installed in 10.04 by default was very buggy
too. Ironically I had to install a newer, unstable version, to have it
stable (dragging slurs caused crashes). So it was actually useless to have
it installed by default in the first place.

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/