Does anyone have the ubuntustudio 8.10 .iso files?

J. Scott Edwards wowidb.org at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 07:11:43 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Scott Lavender <scottalavender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Brian David <beejunk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Scott Lavender <scottalavender at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM, J. Scott Edwards <wowidb.org at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Scott,
>>>
>>> You should be able to find all released images here:
>>> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> ScottL
>>>

>> Scott, 8.10 is not on the download page, I believe because it has reached
>> it's end of life.
>> --
>> -Brian David
>>
>> --
>
> You are completely correct!
>
> Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  Yes 8.10, has reached it's end
of life, but most of the releases after they have reached end of life
are on this web page:  http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/
However, 8.10 was kind of an oddity, it wasn't listed with a number
(8.10) like the other releases, only under intrepid and it appears the
ubuntustudio and mythbuntu releases for 8.10 were never moved to it at
all.

Also, I have tried using torrents for old releases in the past with no
luck, I suspect because they are so old there is no one still sharing
the file.

I just wanted it for historical purposes, to have a record of when
everything was released.  I thought perhaps somebody had downloaded it
before it went end of life and still had the copy laying around.  It
was a long shot because they would have had to download it with wget
or rsync to have the original time stamp, downloading with a browser
usually puts the time it was downloaded for the time stamp.

Thanks again,
  -Scott