Dual Boot Problem

Ronan Jouchet ronan at jouchet.fr
Sat Nov 6 00:16:01 GMT 2010

Hello Mischa,

The menu may be hidden. Try hitting/holding shift during the boot
process, this could make the GRUB menu appear.

Then, to solve the problem and change which system booted by default,
  1. Have a look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GrubHowto and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 . From your description, you
should have Grub1, but be sure of it.
  2. Then depending on your Grub version you'll have to adjust a
menu.lst or a grub.cfg and run some grub-update like commands. Again,
see the wiki which has detailed instructions.

Tell us whether this helped and if you have additional questions. Also
for such issues, IRC can be a great place for more interactive help, in
#ubuntu or #ubuntustudio on irc.freenode.net . Good luck!

Ronan