I don't have sound on Ubuntu studio

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 3 22:15:01 GMT 2010

Hi all, I could use a little help here. I am trying to do video on
Kdenlive and  I don't have sound. I am using ubuntu studioI have been
doing things I did not need sound for so it may have been several
weeks??   I don't have any sound not even when playing a cd or DVD
video.  I have an ASUS  mother board with a built in sound card. The
computer is dual boot Hewlett Packard with xp and Ubuntu 10.10 as well
as Genome and kde desktops. I have not had sound since installing ubuntu
studio 10 10 and updated from 10.4  I think that is when I lost sound.
If anyone needs more info to help me please advise and I will try to get
it for you.   Thanks Doug