video stutter

bart deruyter bart.deruyter at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:45:47 BST 2010

Thanks for the responses.
(I first accidentally answered with this to one individual accidentally, so
I guess it didn't get on the ubuntu-studio-users list, now it's solved (so
far it is at least) I repost a modified version :-) )

I have this problem with proprietary and open formats. Flash version is
10.0.45.2. Like many, I have discovered this has the 'buttons are not
accessible with mouse' bug when compiz is running, certainly on youtube.

After some testing, and looking around, I found the problem, it was linked
with the nvidia driver. For some mysterious reason, I think it must have
been because of an update, it used the 173 version, not the 'Current
Version' (has no number). I changed to 'Current Version', and the problems
are solved.

As a side note, I started testing my wacom ( intous 3) and the buttons don't
work anymore, while they did out of the box in US 9.10, so that's something
else to work on in the future. I only discovered it now, so it means I don't
really use these button very often, but any how, improvement, is
improvement, it should work. I'm just learning programming and am thinking
about working out a GUI for the wacom settings, but I can't promise anything
at the moment (got to have time for it).

system :
4GB ram
intel core2 CPU 6700 @2.66GHz,
video card : nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GS]
audio : intel corporation 82801H

grtz,
Bart
http://www.bartart3d.be/