linuxrt package not standard in studio ?

Alessio Igor Bogani abogani at ubuntu.com
Tue May 11 18:41:49 BST 2010

Hi Laurent,

2010/5/11 laurent.bellegarde <laurent.bellegarde at free.fr>:
[...]
> I've done the install with the Ubuntu lucid amd64 standard CD, then
> modified the sources.list, an update, dist-upgrade and to finish a
> complete install of all ubuntustudio packages. Everything goes fine, but
> after a reboot no RT kernel available in grub, and i've discovered that
> the linuxrt package wasn't install with ubuntustudio-audio...

I would suggest to you (and to all others readers in this ml) to
install and use linux-rt only if it is _really_ required.

You could take a look on -preempt kernel (available only on amd64) or
-lowlatency kernel (for both i386 and amd64) available on my PPA.
These aren't fully preemptible kernels but should be enough for almost
all our users.

Ciao,
Alessio