ubuntu studio 10.04 and novation x-station - trying to record audio 1 and 2

jay gallivan jay.gallivan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 04:20:22 BST 2010

Greetings:

I'm trying to record guitar and mic from a Novation X-Station 49 using
Rosegarden Thorn on Ubuntu 10.04. I can connect to Rosegarden via MIDI,
striking keys and recording the selected 'instrument', piano for example, by
Jacking them together.

I can plug in a mic and set gain on Input 1. But I do not seem to be able
(understand?) how to Jack between X-Staion audio and Rosegarden. And with
Jack down I can bring up PulseAudio volume controller, scratch the mic and
see its level register.

Help!

Regards,
Jay.