Real time for Ubuntu Studio 10.04 amd64

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 14 21:47:15 BST 2010

Hi Oleg :) hi Brian :)

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 11:45 -0500, Brian David wrote:

>                 This is one of the kernels that stops booting with the
>                 message 'mount:
>                 mounting none on /dev failed: No such device.'
>

>         I have such message too but it is not stops booting and not
>         affects my work. I have no idea what is this exactly :)
>

> This message will pop up, and the cursor will blink for some time, but
> the computer should start up if you wait long enough.  At least, this
> is how my computer works with the current -rt kernel.
>
> I don't know what the actual message means, though.

Aha, it might be some of that esoteric issues :D.

For my self build kernel 2.6.31.6-rt19 on Suse 11.2 I need to wait
around 10 seconds when GDM appeared, I also could log in, but than the
screen will freeze and I need to push

Ctrl + alt + double-backspace

yes, I need to push backspace two times and log in (again), then
everything is ok.

- Ralf