HELP! Understanding MIDI

Neil Jensen neilevanjensen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 03:56:25 GMT 2010

I know for me, when I hook that stuff up most of the needed connections
system wide are already established.  On the audio connections in Jack,
my system requires the addition of ports 3 of the system audio to
connect with Qsynth...which I see you haven't mentioned and is
necessary, zynaddsubfx, hydrogen etc..Also I need to coonect my system
audio captures on the "out connections" side with system port 8 on the
"in connections" side.  On the alsa menu I need to addmy keyboard ont
the "out" side to rosegarden, record in" on the "in" side.  I also need
to connect my keyboard on the "out" side to each of the following on the
"in" side:Zynaddsubfx, Fluidsynth, hydrogen, etc....I don't think I am
forgetting anything.  I also didn't know what the Edirol USB piece is
that you described.