dual boot Xp and Ubuntu Studio

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 31 14:35:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-29 at 12:47 -0600, Rafael Chacón wrote:

> A suggestion:
>
> When a had a similar problem, I prefered to:
> 1. Install Ubuntu (instead of Win).
> 2. Install VirtualBox.
> 3. Install Win XP on a virtual machine in the VirtualBox, on Ubuntu.
>
> Pros: Anytime that Win crashes, I return to a previous point (image)
> in the virtual machine in the VirtualBox.
> Cons: A little bit slower (but a I equalize that by do not using an
> antivirus and etc., because when I had a problem, I return to a
> previous state (image) before the problem.
>
> Best regards, Rafael.

If he needs XP regarding to it's advantages, than all advantages XP has
got are killed by Linux, when running it by virtual box.

IMO one shouldn't use Windows, but if there should be the need to use
Windows, e.g. because of the disadvantages Linux has got e.g. to
hardware support, than vitalisation is no solution.