off and on sound problem

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 14 23:23:04 GMT 2010

On 12/14/2010 02:26 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:

> Might not be there... every bios can be different... what is the
> computer again?... might find some info about the bios options
> googling around a bit...
>
> On Dec 14, 2010 2:07 PM, "Douglas Pollard" <dougpol1 at verizon.net
> <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net>> wrote:
> > On 12/14/2010 01:51 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
> >>
> >> Your onboard audio device ... try disabling it in the bios...
> >>
> >> On Dec 14, 2010 12:50 PM, "Douglas Pollard" <dougpol1 at verizon.net
> <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net>

> <dougpol1 at verizon.net <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net>
> >> <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net>>
> <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net>>
> >> <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net <mailto:dougpol1 at verizon.net>

> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>>
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>>>

> JACK?

> about

> >> someone
> >> >> >>>>>

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/linux-backports-modules-alsa-lucid-generic

> >> sounds like

> >> upgraded

> >> better
> >> equipment
> MIDInterface will

> >> older
> >> plugged
> playing I
> >> the box
> If I
> >> will be

> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>>
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users at lists.ubuntu.com>>>
> > Mike that might just be the problem. I am not showing an onboard audio
> > device in the bios??
> >
> > Doug
Man this something,  I spent all afternoon on line trying to find
something that might tell me something about the problem. I can't find
anything that works.  This thing seems to have gotten worse.   I can't
get any sound at all and don't seem able to get the connection that the
warning was telling me I had lost. I have turned the computer off and on
but am no longer getting any sound.   I just don't know.  I am going to
go to my other drive and try xp to see if I have sound there. At least
that will tell me if its a software or hardware problem.  The only other
thing might be configuration some how.       Doug