Shifting pitch in a MIDI file?

Ricardo Lameiro ricardolameiro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:14:47 GMT 2010

You are right, the midi file doesn't carry audio data. but what I was saying
is on the sampler/synth side. If the synth is working at 48 Ksamples/s and
then played back at 44.1 it will pitch down.
If there is no resampling this is the result. Now i don't understand why the
output isn't resampled. maybe you could try to look at the sample rate
settings in jack and on the synths.

But as I said maybe someone with more knowledge can say something.

2010/12/13 Angel de Vicente <angelv at iac.es>

> Hi,
>
> On 13/12/10 14:54, Ricardo Lameiro wrote:
> > Nice that you found a solution, but it seems to me that you could have
> > some problem with sample rates. maybe you are playing a 44.1ks/s in
> > 48kS/s this could pitch up or the reverse pitchdown. This is often
> > overlook. maybe someone more experienced on this matter can contribute
> > some ideas in here.
>
> I'm a complete newbie on these matters, so I might be completely wrong,
> but I thought that sample rates were relevant to audio files, but not to
> MIDI files? Well, I think the problem is not even related to the MIDI
> file: If I just play A in the Virtual Keyboard, it does not play a 440Hz
> A, it is somewhere around C.
>
> Any ideas where to look for what could be wrong with my software/computer?
>
> Thanks,
> Ángel de Vicente
> --
> http://www.iac.es/galeria/angelv/
>
> High Performance Computing Support PostDoc
> Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias

> ADVERTENCIA: Sobre la privacidad y cumplimiento de la Ley de Protección de
> Datos, acceda a http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php
> WARNING: For more information on privacy and fulfilment of the Law
> concerning the Protection of Data, consult
> http://www.iac.es/disclaimer.php?lang=en

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro