Good news about Cinelerra

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 5 17:44:01 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 11:32 -0600, Kenneth Koym wrote:
> Asmo: I went to cinellerra and do not understand how to ""Use it".
> Regrets. Kenneth
>
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Asmo Koskinen
> <asmo.koskinen at arkki.info> wrote:
>
>         https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa
>
>         Use it ;-)
>
>         Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
>
>         --

At https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa go to the
'Personal package archives' it does link to
https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa/+archive/ppa and there go to
'Technical details about this PPA' and use your version of Ubuntu.

If you prefer a GUI, launch Synaptic and add the line
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/cinelerra-ppa/ppa/ubuntu lucid main, if
e.g. Lucid is your version of Ubuntu.

There also is an instruction how to add the signing key, see deb
http://ppa.launchpad.net/cinelerra-ppa/ppa/ubuntu lucid main.

BUT NOTE! I still wonder if it's proved to be ok for usage with an audio
workstation. Does the package change any settings?

Hth,

Ralf

--
I'm not interested in WikiLeaks, but IMO it's much more, but just
suspect how PayPal does behave against WikiLeaks. I never used PayPal,