Good news about Cinelerra

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 5 16:40:35 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 19:18 +0200, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> https://launchpad.net/~cinelerra-ppa
>
> Use it ;-)
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

My experiences with ppa are good, e.g. for Shutter by launchpad, anyway,
this kind of third party packages 'does not have to', but 'would be able
to' cause issues, especially if there are dependencies to codecs, as
there are for Cinelerra.

For what versions of Ubuntu Studio is Cinelerra by this repository
proved?

I do have got may issues, just running a 'regular' Ubuntu Studio.

My 2 Cents:

We should use such repositories, but just after doing a backup of the
hopefully stable Ubuntu Studio and then all the times we're doing an
upgrade, we should verify the sources of e.g. codecs, that are perhaps
upgraded too.

Cheers!

Ralf

--
I'm not interested in WikiLeaks, but IMO it's much more, but just
suspect how PayPal does behave against WikiLeaks. I never used PayPal,