Lightworks

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 2 23:12:46 GMT 2010

On 12/02/2010 04:06 PM, Daniel Worth wrote:
> The developers are planning an OSX and a Linux port of it.
>
> http://lightworksbeta.com
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Karl Giesing <khzmusik at hotmail.com
> <mailto:khzmusik at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm probably late to the game, but did anyone see this?
>
>     "Back in April 2010, we announced our plans to take Lightworks
>     open source. We always said the first step would be to make the
>     application freely available so that a large community of users
>     could start becoming familiar with it. We are very pleased to have
>     reached this first milestone. Now you can freely download the most
>     intuitive and advanced editor available. This is not a trial
>     download. From here forward, you will always be able to download
>     and use the latest version of Lightworks for free."
>
>     It's a Windows program, so I have no doubt that it's not remotely
>     suitable for Linux at this point. But does anyone know of plans to
>     port it, once it becomes open source?
>
>     -Karl.
>
>     --

I have a xp partition on my computer so I down loaded so I downloaded
Lightworks beta.  The first try was 10.01 and it would not open up and
run.  They did an update 10.01.1 so I downloaded it and it works fine.
I looked it over a little bit and loaded one of my video files on it. I
havent done anything more with it as I don't really want to spend a lot
of time reading the manual right now. The program looks nice though I
hadn't figured out how to look at the timeline.  I really like the feel
of Cinelerra so I may never use it.  I am kind of interested in a
program that will do a good job of auto producing as a quick trick with
pictures and video in a movie like video.  I belong to some on line boat
building groups and would like a quick way to produce some video to show
to the groups only, but good enough to not embarrass me.  I thought this
might be it, but I don't think it has that capability. I may have to buy
a copy of Muvee maker to use in XP I have used it and the later versions
are pretty good.

                                             Doug