Lightworks

Karl Giesing khzmusik at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 20:58:35 GMT 2010

I'm probably late to the game, but did anyone see this?
"Back in April 2010, we announced our plans to take Lightworks open source. We always said the first step would be to make the application freely available so that a large community of users could start becoming familiar with it. We are very pleased to have reached this first milestone. Now you can freely download the most intuitive and advanced editor available. This is not a trial download. From here forward, you will always be able to download and use the latest version of Lightworks for free."
It's a Windows program, so I have no doubt that it's not remotely suitable for Linux at this point. But does anyone know of plans to port it, once it becomes open source?

-Karl.