Strange Jack behavior

Jonathan Goodman jgoodman at 012.net.il
Sun Aug 22 18:33:38 BST 2010

Hi,   I am experiencing very strange behavior between my system and
Jack. If I use a web browser, a file browser, or an e-mail client and
then try to start Jack, Jack will not start. If I use one of these while
Jack is running, sometimes Jack locks up and sometime the system locks
up and I am forced to do a hard reboot.   My only guess so far is that
maybe all of the above applications use Totem/G-streamer to play audio.
I was thinking that maybe a Jack plugin for G-streamer might solve this,
but I'm not sure if this is the correct direction to go.   I would still
like a Jack plugin for G-streamer so that I can audition audio files
from the file browser while Jack is running, but I can't find any DEBs
for a Jack plugin and can't get alien to convert an RPM.   Thanks,
Aaron