No sound without JACK

Pablo pablo.fbus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 01:00:54 BST 2010

Hi Ralf!

Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> 1. How should sound be enabled usually for apps without JACK audio support
> on Ubuntu Studio?
>
> Could there be an issue regarding to PA not loading the needed modules?
> I'm using two Envy24 based Terratec EWX 24/96 PCI sound cards on amd64
> architecture, on-board sound is disabled.

Check this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/178442

I did as comment #30 and it worked for me with a m-audio audiophile 2496
which also uses the alsa module snd-ice1712. The problem remains in
ubuntustudio maverick alpha. See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntustudio-testers@lists.launchpad.net/msg00351.html

> 2. Does anybody know how to add libflashsupport-jack? Compiling and
> installing seems to be ok, I guess there's an issue regarding to set up
> everything correctly.
I am not sure. I am checking this post and comments:

http://www.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2323&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=flash+player

Please, let us know if you solve this.

Cheers! Pablo