How to get ubuntu studio from an ubuntu standard

Scott Lavender scottalavender at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 19:53:24 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus <
aradnix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> I bought a new netbook last week, it¡s a Toshiba Satellite T115D SP2001M
> with AMD Neo MV40 processor, 1 GB from 4 GB available, an ATI chip and 11.6"
> screen. I installed Ubuntu 10.04 and all it's ok. But I miss all the
> aplications from my old LTS Ubuntu studio at home. I think I can search and
> download all the specifical applications from the software center of Ubuntu,
> but I hope you know a way for get them all easily. I get the Ubuntu studio
> controls installed but I have not idea how to use them or how can it helps
> me.
>
> Thanks for yoru helping and your time;
> Aradnix
>
> --
> lutar e vencer!
> lluitar i vèncer!
> combattre et vaincre!
> combattere e vincere!
> vechten en overwinnen!
> kämpfen und besiegen!
> kämpa och besegra!
> bojovat a zvítězit!
> walczyć i wygrać!
> воевать и выиграть!
> 戦いに勝つ!
> jarraitu eta garaitu!

Hello Aradnix,

I would highly suggest you look at this web page on the help.ubuntu.comwebsite:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu%20Studio%20Upgrade%20from%20Ubuntu

This page specifically discusses "upgrading" from a regular Ubuntu
installation to Ubuntu Studio.

Please be careful about including the linux-rt package though.  I believe
that the only real-time kernel available is an older kernel.  This available
real-time kernel is completely functional and will provide you with
real-time functionality, however since it is not the latest available it
might be missing some hardware drivers for newer hardware.

Regards,
ScottL