Test Ubuntu-Studio RC !

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Sun Apr 25 09:51:52 BST 2010

Hi all,

I've transform my beta 2 amd64 UBS 10.04 to RC.

I've noticed a new bug that appear both with RT kernel and last generic
kernel on display.

After logging to GDM, the desktop appear normally, but i've got only one
workspace. If I launch any program, it appear without GDM buttons
close/maximise, etc... So, only one program could be use, and the only
way to quit is file/quit menu when it is available.

I have to go to system/apparence setting and check at all the boot
normal effect to get back windows normally.

The first lucid generic and RT kernel haven't got this problem under
beta 1 and 2, so I think there is a trouble with the ATI xorg server
package updated, another thing, compiz and cube desktop were working
very well in beta 1/2 under generic kernel, and now not at all, nothing
happens even extra settings are selected. The first RT kernel wasn't
support the ATI 3D propriotary driver, so the cube desktop wasn't available.

So at this time, UBS 10.04 is not very compliant for production for
whose as me have an ati radeon HD graphic card, it a large regression.
Hope it helps before lucid official release.

Laurent,
lprod.org